One of the top priorities of the Swedish-Ukrainian Project PROSTO: "Support to Services Accessibility in Ukraine" is continuous improvement of the quality of administrative services in starosta counties. The Pilot Period in this direction will last from June 2022 until January 2023, in seven hromadas. The expected results include determining the efficient organization and administrative model of public service provision in the starosta counties of the partner hromadas and providing institutional support for starosta activities.
During the Introduction Phase in 2023, the Project will provide support to 24 additional hromadas (there will be two waves covering 12 hromadas each): wave 1 will last from January until July 2023, and wave 2 will last from June until November 2023.
The Project offers the following support to hromadas:
- expert analysis of documents regulating starosta activities and administrative services in starosta counties;
- preparing recommendations on the functioning of starosta counties;
- development of relevant models for administrative service provision in starosta counties of relevant hromadas;
- institutional support to organize the provision of administrative services in starosta counties;
- trainings for employees of starosta counties.
Hromadas willing to become partners of the Project must meet the following requirements:
- a population of up to 100,000 inhabitants in the territorial hromada;
- willingness to sign a Memorandum of Cooperation and provide the necessary documents regulating the activities of starostas for analysis purposes; and
- an assigned point of contact as a representative of the territorial community to coordinate the cooperation.
Application questionnaire: https://prosto.in.ua/ua/starosty. Applications will be accepted until December 1, 2022. The shortlisted hromadas will be published on the Project website by December 19, 2022.
The hromadas will be selected in two stages:
- based on completed questionnaires;
- based on online interviews with representatives of the selected hromadas.
Selection criteria for partner hromadas:
- number of population in starosta counties;
- motivation to implement changes aimed to improve the quality and accessibility of administrative services in starosta counties;
- if there is an ASC in the territorial hromada, it is considered as an advantage.
The selection committee will include representatives of central executive bodies.